Sunday 7 May 2017

Operation SANCTUM De-brief

Received: from ASX55.COM (10.199.28.51) by ASX55HMPS303.Sorebrek.COM (10.197.152.98) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 14.2.309.2; Mon, 08 Apr 1998 06:26:39 -0500
Received: from asxssl104.Sorebrek.COM (10.197.152.153) by asx7s303.Sorebrek.COM (10.164.14.41) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 3.3.4.1; Mon, 08 Apr 1998 06:26:36 -0500
Authentication-Results: asxssl104.Sorebrek.COM;
X-SBRSIP: 174.9.22.2
X-SBRS: 5.6
X-HAT: Sender Group None, Policy $ACCEPTED applied.
X-MAIL-FROM: x@socom.mil
X-RCPT-TO: X@Sorebrek.COM
X-LoopCount0: from 199.199.201.4
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:
At0BAA+iMFLb2JhbABYA4JDfFLAJYEBCBQJNQeCJwIDgQsBKh05F6BiBI4hgRhJgwyBAAOIf6QOPIE1OQ
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.90,885,137109";
d="scan'208,217";a="14223"
Received: from vlaw.socom.mil (HELO NVZRJ02-N.private) ([199.199.103.222]) by ausxssl104.Sorebrek.COM with ESMTP/TLS/AES128-SHA; 08 Apr 2002 06:26:14 -0500
Received: from dagnvzr.socom.mil ([174.234.1.279]) CASNVZR.socom.mil ([214.1.4.111]) with mapi id
1.127.13218.000; Mon, 08 Apr 1998 07:26:35 -0400

From:          <JASON>   
Sent:          Monday, November 23, 1998 6:15AM
To:            <A-CELL>
Subject:       Operation Sanctum Debriefing

Debriefing Operation Sanctum, J-Cell, November 19th to 20th 1998
1.       On Wednesday, November 18th, I was contacted by Clove through this secure channel, informing me I was operationally reinstated and assigned as cell leader to the newly established J-Cell
2.       I was supposed to meet with Clove in Wayland, MA at 0300, November 19th. This was my first contact with the Group in 3 years. As I met her she seemed distraught, explaining to me that I was assigned 3 Friendlies to this specific op. Apparently the op was a follow up on an op involving a raid on a Russian Orthodox Church in NY, where the folder she gave me was recovered. She explained how she read the folder, and how I was supposed to show the folder to the Friendlies in the event they wouldn’t be on board with the op, it would change their mind.
3.       The op was to neutralize 4 adults, as the cult was spread thin. She also mentioned “the Group is not around to do this, or it’s not worth their time” and “The Group might be fine letting them sit in their backwater doing this” but she wasn’t OK with it. The main focus was on an old woman, and how she needed to be taken out without allowing her to talk to us. Once the op was over, I needed to call her.
4.       After the meeting, I opened the folder myself, and though I can’t recall the exact content, I do remember feeling an urge to stop this cult or whatever it was. I could not shake the feeling that it was the folder somehow pushing me to do this, rather than my own decision
5.       I met the Friendlies the next day, in South Boston, MA and gave them the usual rudimentary briefing, explaining how the op needed to be handled without going into any true specifics. Jagger didn’t seem on board, so I showed him the folder. He reacted to it in a similar way as me, which reinforced my feeling. The others didn’t look into the folder.
6.       We proceeded with the op and made our way west, just outside of Pittsfield, MA, following standard DG protocols as much as possible. Circumstances forced our hand, during scouting, and I made the decision to go on, as Clove had insisted on the urgency of the matter, rather than retreat and come back, as I was convinced we had enough man and firepower.
7.       The targets were neutralized. Jude was wounded in the process (gunshot) and Jagger suffered a number of burns or boils all over his hands and neck. He also seemed temporarily blinded. He and Jasper took out the old woman that Clove had warned us about.
8.       The cabin of the old woman had a number of ritual markings, Russian iconography etc. Scars found on the 2 males and 2 females reminded me of the Russian Skopsty sect. See attached images (images of the Fertility Goddess, the inverted iconography and other generic unsettling images in the cabin).
9.       15 Children were found in the main building, one of whom seemed to have been converted by the Cult, and was also neutralised. The others were locked up. As we doused the other buildings with petrol to erase traces and had the bodies packed for disposal, I rang Clove. She asked me to dispatch the children and told me I didn’t need to worry about debriefing you, as she would do that herself. I sent the Friendlies away to take care of any remaining evidence and doused the house in petrol.
10.   At that stage I went over the whole operation again and couldn’t shake the feeling that something just didn’t add up. For one, Clove contacted me to be re-activated, not A-Cell. I didn’t need to debrief you, she would. A number of other small details. And I still had that nagging feel of the effect of the folder on me. At that stage I decided not to neutralize them, but to take them with us, to the safe-house in South Boston, and contact A-Cell directly. The rest of the story is known to you.

Final thoughts:
The three Friendlies could work as full Agents, either in J-cell or in any other cell with openings.
* Jasper seems solid. Easy to work with, dependable and able to improvise and take over when needed.
*Jude is of similar cut, but seems to a bit of a wildcard, making his own decisions rather than following instructions at times. Dependable in a firefight. Might need some extra instruction prior to activation as full agent.
*Jagger needs to be observed. Psychological help might be needed, as he may have some side effects of reading the folder as well of the confrontation with the old woman. Perhaps there is someone in the Agency that could follow up with him? Apart from that, he has issues.
For more details I refer to my personal debriefing of them in earlier emails.

Jason

DELETE this message after reading.
<PATH REDACTED>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts